Dr. Lauren Moulds is the Founder and Principal Psychologist at Big Little Steps Psychology.
Lauren has worked with adolescents, children, adults and those with disabilities and challenging behaviour across her career in both the public and private sector. Most recently, she has been developing her skills, experience and passion in working with women before, during and after pregnancy, including birth trauma, and the “fourth trimester”. She is trained in Perinatal Non-Directive Counselling.
Lauren is passionate about working with people’s families and support systems. Lauren believes that therapy should be individualised, personalised and approachable. She draws upon Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Acceptance Commitment Therapy, Narrative Therapy, play therapy and trauma informed and family inclusive therapy.
Lauren is a believer in the client being the absolute expert on them, and her role being to help them with the best available evidence.
When she is not at the clinic, you’re likely to find Lauren out exploring with her young son, husband and pets, and approaching random dogs in the streets!
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) (Psychology) – Deakin University
- Master of Psychology (Health) – The University of Adelaide
- Bachelor of Psychology (First Class Honours) – The University of Adelaide
- Professional membership with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Board Approved Supervisor AHPRA
- Medicare Provider – Better Access and Perinatal Non-Directive Counselling
- Mental Health First Aid Facilitator – in Youth Mental Health First Aid, Non Suicidal Self Injury and Gambling
Lauren is a proud Patreon of Australian Birth Stories – and is passionate about women feeling empowered, prepared and supported during their pregnancy, birth and beyond.